Prime'z X

yellowx16

Need Bigger Tires
Founding Member
looks great!
maybe I missed it in the build, but did you go with 55 or 35 watt for your bulbs/ballasts? when I did my retrofit I went with 35 watt and have been thinking about upgrading to the 55.

Last edited:

Prime

Shut up Baby, I know it!
Admin
Thanks guys!

looks great!
maybe I missed it in the build, but did you go with 55 or 35 watt for your bulbs/ballasts? when I did my retrofit I went with 35 watt and have been thinking about upgrading to the 55.

Then are 35w 5000k. From my understanding, yes. 55w are brighter. But it has adverse effects on the color temperature and longevity of the bulb. Running 35w I shouldn't have to replace a headlight bulb any time soon.

Have I really not said anything in this thing?!?

Wow........shame.....so much same.........

Truck is sexy as hell Jay! :bmmd:

Yes! Very much shame!

be9a7a3e.jpg

Prime

Shut up Baby, I know it!
Admin

CaptainMorgan_SOS

Need Bigger Tires
I'm interested to see how that comes out! It's a really run project to do with immediate gains.

Yeah, but I am also expecting a son at the beginning of February, so I am not even sure I'll get the chance to have enough free time to do so; this'll be a whole new experience for me and I've heard some horror stories about absolutely no free time when a newborn comes along. But we shall see. I'll be picking your brain on this very soon, unless you want to make me some ;)

But making them is half the fun, so I am probably still wanting to do it myself. I don't necessarily have to be in a hurry to do it I guess. Is it something you think you could work on for about an hour and then set aside for a bit and get back to it? How many hours do you think you actually put into it?

EDIT: I have just realized I am already making excuses not to do it and the kid isn't even here yet. WHAT HAVE I BECOME?! :tears2:

Last edited:

Edodrian

Lockers Installed
Supporting Member
So much black on the front now.

I like it!

And of course the HID's they turned out awesome.

Sent from a unknown electronic device

Prime

Shut up Baby, I know it!
Admin
Also this:

aguqyseq.jpg

$40 from Harbor Freight. 500lb capacity. Yeah, I'd have to unload it and take it off before I can open the back, but it's always good to have more storage.

xterror04

Site sponsor
Founding Member
I have the same one... Seems pretty stout for a harbor freight unit... I used mine for moan last year had it loaded with a heavy cooler, grill, and few other things and had no issues

gorillamel

Lockers Installed
Founding Member
Congrats on paying off your X!!!

Also, I had the same hitch carrier and drove across the country and back with it and had no problems. Sometimes it seemed to lean forward a bit, but that was also packing/user error on my part.